1. Every tool is tailor made, with a specific purpose in mind. Use it for this very purpose.
2. Never use a tool that is too large for the job. Too much effort may cause severe damage to your job.
3. Always use a center punch before drilling. Hit it to ensure the drill bit is guided correctly.
4. Be mindful of your surroundings. Ensure no collegaues or hazardous materials are in your immediate vicinity when performing workshop tasks.
5. Wear the appropriate PPE. PPE ensures you will get home safely to your family and avoid serious injury. Do not get complacent.
6. Use a lap or oilstone for a fine keen tool edge.
7. Never stand in the immediate vicinity of a rotating machine at start up.